Sustainable & Ethical Business
Over The Moon care about the world we live in.
Walk the eco-walk , not just talk the eco-talk
We have showed our commitment to operating as a sustainable business since 2007 by adopting green principles and strategies outlined below.
From 2016-now, we undertook the design and build of our own “Big Green Barn” warehouse, office and vegetable garden.
We promote Bio-diesel powered generators, natural plant and fabric decor,use ethically sourced tents* and decor,and recycle and re-use what we can. Our waste is sorted into material types, levels recorded and reduction targets set annually.
Over The Moon Tents environmental policy sets out the principle and standards for the company . We support charities and organisations whose aims we identify with. These include The Woodland Trust , Surfers Against Sewage , The Green Party, RNLI, CAMRA, Dorstet Air Ambulance.
The main focus is on reducing consumption and improving efficiency in our Energy and Waste Management processes.
Improvement in our environmental impact
The aim is to work towards continuous improvement in environmental management and performance and to encourage support from customers.
Approach to the environment is guided by a number of principles.
Green Tent Hire Principles
- We want environmental performance and we develops and maintain a system of management, measurement and improvements.
- All actions comply with relevant regulations.
- Business is conducted with due regard to the environment, its habitats and bio diversity.
- The business operations are regularly assessed for compliance with policy, performance and achievement of targets.
- Environment considerations are taken into account in all major business decisions.
- The Over The Moon Team is encouraged to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- We source from suppliers with clear green and environment led policies.
- Where appropriate, encourage support from customers by providing them with products and services that are environmentally responsible in use.
- Customers are made aware of our environmental policies.
HOW WE WORK
EYES ON OUR ENVIRONMENT
- Reduce Reuse Recycle
- Make Do And Mend – Keep our tents in tip-top condition
- Use Bio-diesel in vehicles (when possible)
- Staff Training & Awareness
- ECO Warehouse
WHO WE ARE
WORK WITH THE BEST
At its heart Over The Moon Tents is a family based business. We work closely with other related businesses to provide teams from 2-20 people.
In 2016 we started building our Big Green Barn. Green credentials in a green livery.
Rainwater harvesting, Straw-bale walls, Renewable energy, Compost loos, Green roofs, Pond and Vegetable and forage garden.
Latest from the Blog
Over The Moon have run a blog since we started using WordPress in 2010. Over that time we have published a lot of articles on the UK’s vibrant events scene from music festivals we have worked at to the many styles of weddings and parties we have had the pleasure of helping create.
Tents : The beginning of architecture. Tents : Simple, Useful & Beautiful. Great informative TV programme on the not so humble tent. Design Principals - Fabric, Poles, Ground. From yurt to The Dome. Jump media player Media player help Out of media player. Press...
Cable Reel Furniture for Sale or Hire Our latest furniture hire (and sales if you like them) are repurposed cable reels saved from the scrap heap for event use. But fear not these are no bits of tat, they are solidly made (by both man and machine). We've been using...
Fay Rickwood, who features in the programme, posted about this entertaining yarn. This is the blurb from the BBC site. Its a great programme. Over the last forty years, music festivals have become a huge part of UK popular culture. But what happens when the crowds...
Send Us A Message
9 AM -6 PM
Saturday 9 AM – 2 PM
+(44) 7983 969 826
1a High Street, Nunney, Somerset BA11 4LZ