Vintage Canvas Tents
Keep Calm and Carry On
with our classic Vintage Military GS (General Service) Marquees
Not just an army marquee
Vintage Military tents are not just for a military theme, they also lend themselves to Safari/Bush/’Out Of Africa’, Steampunk, Festival & Shabby-Chic themed events. See our vintage Themes page for more pics of the tent with period decor.
TV & Film Tents
These tents have appeared in the TV series ‘Band Of Brothers’,, ‘Midsummer Murders’, and the BBC’s ‘Crimson Fields’ & ‘Call The Midwife’ . The military tent’s retro looks are very popular, its canvas, ropes and webbing add authenticity that modern fabrics cannot.
We have the largest collection of canvas for Vintage Military Tent Hire in the UK. We can supply 15 seperate tents with upto 20 middle sections available.
Built to your spec
The military tent is sectional and the length can be made to the size you require.
For use as a dining tent the most efficient seating is to use rectangular tables and benches style along the tent’s length.
- The tent is 6m/20ft wide In its smallest size it is 7m/24ft x 6m/20ft which gives an area of 48msq/480ftsq. Enough for approx 30 standing or 20 dining.
- We can build a marquee with upto 10 sections 20ft x 110ft. Enough for approx 270 standing or 170 dining.
- The walls at the edge are approx 1.50cm/5ft high. We can put 6ft wall poles in with non standard khaki walls.
- The ceiling is 3.6m/12ft high
- When erected the ropes will mean that the area required is larger by 10ft all around the edge of the tent itself.
- We have some sections which date from 1945 and the fabric is a more ochre brown, where as the later 70’s canvas is a olive green.
The origin of our vintage army tents.
Our vintage army tents started off life with the British armed forces. The oldest we have may have seen service in World War 2 as it is date stamped 1944! The youngest section is dated 1981. The tents were still in use with the British armed focrces until the 1980’s when they began to be replaced by the aluminium framed canvas tents. We sourced our first 60ft army tent in 1999 direct from a military surplus dealer.
We keep the tent’s well maintained, waterproofed and the military’s high standards mean that they are still going strong some 70+ years later. If you love the smell of canvas this tent is for you. The tents are dark inside due to the green fabric, they do have roll up windows which let light in (see pics in our gallery). The low ceiling and 5ft walls make it a cosy tent when full with people. The tents have an atmosphere all of their own and are great when added to an event. The tents have played a big part in making some great events.
Send Us A Message
9 AM -6 PM
Saturday 9 AM – 2 PM
+(44) 7983 969 826
1a High Street, Nunney, Somerset BA11 4LZ