- No poles, No pegs, No ropes. With Yurts there are no obstructions caused by more traditional tents which have pegs and ropes around the outside.
- Musicians like their acoustics and they are great for chilling out in.
- They are a beautiful and practical space. The structure itself is decorative and it can be added to with other decor and drapes.
- The yurts are hardy and cope with wet weather. They are very cosy even in winter with droughts finding it hard to make a way in, and with the addition of a heater they can be kept toasty.
- Yurts can free stand without the use of pegs (in suitable conditions)
- Wikipedia Yurt Information
More information on the history of this type of tent.
Yurt Hire Specification
- Over The Moon’s yurts range from 3m – 7m diameter
- The walls at the edge are approx 1.8m/6ft high
- The ceilings are from 2.5m/10ft high
- There is standing room for 10-40 depending on size.
- The canvas is fire retardant BS 7837
Yurt Hire Requirements
- The yurt needs to be erected on level ground.
- We cannot locate yurts under trees
Yurt Hire Uses
- Yurts are regularly used to hold workshops and as classrooms.
- As a sacred space for weddings and hand fasts.
- As a storytellers tent for children’s parties.
- A chill out tent
- A kids party den
- A bedroom for event accommodation
- Decorative addition to the look of an event
- A Hen Party Henhouse